It seems that every bad experience I’ve ever had in the cinema – and there have been plenty, both at home and in the US – would pale into insignificance alongside how the French audiences for Paranormal Activity 4 chose to react.
Some cinemas experienced some problems last weekend with the audience for Paranormal Activity 4 – confectionery counters were looted, cashiers were insulted, seats were urinated on, etc. – as a result, more than 40 previously confirmed cinemas have simply canceled their bookings of Sinister this week.
It’s the “etc.” that worried me. What else were they doing? What is etcetera to peeing on a cinema seat?
France seems to be one of the most cine-literate countries in the world, though this news suggests that particularly blessing might skip a generation. It’s hard to get anything meaningful from a film when you’re busy hurling your own shit at the screen.
Well, these audiences going to get what they deserve. If you can’t play nice, then the movie won’t play at all.
Let’s check in on France in five years, say, and see if they have even a single movie targeted at under 40s.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014