Listen up, you clinking, clanking, clattering collections of caliginous junk. While we await the release of the new trailer for Sam Raimi‘s Wizard prequel Oz The Great and Powerful, four new images have been released by USA Today.
The pictures offer a fresh look at all three witches: Michelle Williams‘ Good Witch Glinda, Rachael Weisz‘s Bad Witch Evanora, and Mila Kunis as the Pretty-Good-Right-Now-But-Watch-Out-For-That-One Witch Theodora.
My personal favourite is the last photo of Oscar Diggs’ travelling companion Finley, a winged monkey voiced by Zach Braff. We see him here in China Country, clutching Oscar’s bag of magic tools and looking very worried about something. The most recent poster for the film shows us that Finley is a far cry from Evanora’s terrifying pack of winged baboons, and based on his outfit and the official blurb it seems that the character started out in the circus with Oscar and travelled to Oz with him in the hot air balloon.
How did a flying monkey come to be in Kansas in the first place? Will he reconnect with his family back in Oz? Once home, will Finley be affected by the power of the Golden Cap?
Part of me is desperately hoping that there’ll be an extremely angry winged baboon voiced by John C. McGinley. If there isn’t, that Raimi has missed a great opportunity.
First and foremost, however, check out James Franco‘s incredible stovepipe hat in this photo of his encounter with the China Girl. That hat is amazing. It’s bigger than his actual head.
- Jackie Chan Confirms Role In The Expendables 3 - December 17, 2012
- Garrett Hedlund Confirms Attachment To TRON 3 - December 13, 2012
- Lincoln And Argo Lead The 2013 Golden Globes Nominations - December 13, 2012
- James McAvoy And Mark Strong Star In New Trailer For Brit Action Thriller Welcome To The Punch - December 11, 2012
- The Asylum Finally Have One Of Their Mockbusters Blocked As Lawyers Stop Age Of The Hobbits - December 10, 2012