As reported last week, Neil Gaiman is taking a turn with some classic Who villains in his upcoming episode, The Last Cyberman. The title keeps it singular, but you’d be right to expect the Cybermen will be getting just as plural as ever.
From the following set pictures, as posted to Tumblr, we can get a good look at their redesign. It’s looking fairly good to me, and those blank faces are certainly creepier than other recent iterations.
The setting of these scenes is some kind of fictional themepark called Hedgewick’s world. After A Town Called Mercy, that makes two episodes in just this series to reflect a distinct echo of Westworld.
Whispy fragments of set report that we were receiving last week told us that this scene ends in a big shoot out between the Cybermen and some kind of militia – which may include the new companion, Clara, amongst its number… or she may just borrowing bits of their uniform, for some reason.
She’s a mysterious one and no mistake.
The Last Cyberman will air in the spring. It is being directed by Stephen Woolfenden and features Warwick Davis, Tamzin Outhwaite and Jason Watkins.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014