I’ve made no secret that I really enjoyed Kieron Gillen‘s run on Uncanny X-Men, after not enjoying the book for some time before that, despite the best efforts of some of my favourite comic creators. F
rom the Hope/Namor buddy comics to the militarisation of Cyclops to the many machinations of Mister Sinister (who now looks to have been behind the whole Avengers Vs X-Men debacle), it was funny, clever, creepy and driven.
Today, ComiXology are running his first year on the book with Greg Land for 99 cents and issue, as well as Jason Aaron and friends’ X-Men Schism and Brian Wood, Mark Brooks and Roland Boschi‘s Wolverine & X-Men: Alpha And Omega. Your mileage may vary on those, but the Uncanny X-Men run, I believe, was the start of something special that will be looked back upon with fondness in the manner that Claremont’s run is now.
And it’s 99 cents an issue. Just saying.
Oh yeah, you should probably get X-Men Regenesis too.
- Two TV Commercials From DC Comics For the New Age of Heroes Line - January 17, 2018
- For Those of You Still Reading Generation X… Something Special For Jubilee (#86 Spoilers) - January 17, 2018
- Brian Wood and Jorge Coelho’s Robocop: Citizens Arrest Looks to Explore Social Justice - January 17, 2018
- Ludocrats from Kieron Gillen, David Lafuente, and Jim Rossignol is Coming Soon, Honest - January 17, 2018
- Now Glénat to Publish Conan Comics, as It’s All Public Domain in Europe - January 17, 2018