I’ve made no secret that I really enjoyed Kieron Gillen‘s run on Uncanny X-Men, after not enjoying the book for some time before that, despite the best efforts of some of my favourite comic creators. F
rom the Hope/Namor buddy comics to the militarisation of Cyclops to the many machinations of Mister Sinister (who now looks to have been behind the whole Avengers Vs X-Men debacle), it was funny, clever, creepy and driven.
Today, ComiXology are running his first year on the book with Greg Land for 99 cents and issue, as well as Jason Aaron and friends’ X-Men Schism and Brian Wood, Mark Brooks and Roland Boschi‘s Wolverine & X-Men: Alpha And Omega. Your mileage may vary on those, but the Uncanny X-Men run, I believe, was the start of something special that will be looked back upon with fondness in the manner that Claremont’s run is now.
And it’s 99 cents an issue. Just saying.
Oh yeah, you should probably get X-Men Regenesis too.
- J Michael Straczynski On The Importance – Or Not – Of Superman’s Red Shorts - January 16, 2017
- Clone Conspiracy #4 Goes Back To Amazing Fantasy #15 – But Not Quite In The Way You MightThink - January 16, 2017
- How Jason Fabok’s Watchmen Covers For Batman And Flash In April Came About… - January 16, 2017
- Unfollow And Clean Room: Season One End With #18 – More Frankensteining DC Solicits For April 2016 As $3.99 Is The New $2.99 - January 16, 2017
- Jessica Jones Meets Roger Rabbit – Black Cloud #1, Out This April, From Jason Latour, Ivan Brandon, Greg Finkle, Matt Wilson And Image Comics - January 16, 2017