I’ve made no secret that I really enjoyed Kieron Gillen‘s run on Uncanny X-Men, after not enjoying the book for some time before that, despite the best efforts of some of my favourite comic creators. F
rom the Hope/Namor buddy comics to the militarisation of Cyclops to the many machinations of Mister Sinister (who now looks to have been behind the whole Avengers Vs X-Men debacle), it was funny, clever, creepy and driven.
Today, ComiXology are running his first year on the book with Greg Land for 99 cents and issue, as well as Jason Aaron and friends’ X-Men Schism and Brian Wood, Mark Brooks and Roland Boschi‘s Wolverine & X-Men: Alpha And Omega. Your mileage may vary on those, but the Uncanny X-Men run, I believe, was the start of something special that will be looked back upon with fondness in the manner that Claremont’s run is now.
And it’s 99 cents an issue. Just saying.
Oh yeah, you should probably get X-Men Regenesis too.
- Bleeding Cool’s First Cosplay Shots From San Diego Comic-Con 2017 - July 20, 2017
- Tom King Teases ‘Dark Matter’ From DC Comics For December 2017 - July 19, 2017
- ‘Astonisher’ Begins And ‘Noble’ Returns From Catalyst Prime In October - July 19, 2017
- The Tick Takeover Experience At San Diego Comic-Con 2017: One Of The Best Off-Site Activities In Years - July 19, 2017
- Doctor Who: Topps Trading Card For The 13th Doctor Available – That Was Fast - July 19, 2017