Django Unchained has made the cover of Fangoria, the grue-loving horror magazine. It was always one of my favourite deliveries, back in my past life working in a comic shop. Right alongside Cinefantastique and Cinefex and… yeah, I’m that predictable.
More openly bloody is the latest poster for the film. The red spray is very important, really, because while this is definitely a big revenge thriller, the footage I’ve seen, the trailers and the screenplay let me know that Tarantino isn’t washing away the blood of the slaves here. He’s right onto their pain and anguish and suffering, and he’s going to be putting some of it on the screen, where it can be seen.
Don’t forget that key shot in the trailers of the blood spraying on the white cotton.
Thanks to Yahoo for the new poster. Django Unchained is released in the US at Christmas and in the UK on January 18th.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014