My favourite new show of the last year or so is undoubtedly Girls, the kinda-sorta-sitcom by Lena Dunham and executive producer Judd Apatow. The second series is already in the bag (they don’t carry cans in this digital era) and will start screening on HBO in January.
Out on the promo rounds for This Is 40, Judd Apatow has told David Poland that, even before series two gets going, they’re set to start shooting a third.
Vulture contacted HBO for an official comment and got something even limper than a non-denial denial. Basically a delayed confirmation, more tantric than cryptic.
We’re looking forward to the launch of season two and hope to have good news shortly thereafter.
And if I want my gratification now?
Incidentally, Apatow also gave Polan a March shoot date for Anchorman 2 – just ten months after we got a bunch of teaser trailers. No mention of any of this other projects, particularly that new Pee Wee Herman film I don’t want to see evaporate.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014