It’s been a good long time since I’ve had anything to share from Europa Report, but a new trailer for the film has rolled out tonight with all of the real mystery of a press release wrapped around a brick and thrown through the window.
There’s also a viral site associated with the film, and the URL is cunningly hidden as a big caption that hangs around on screen at the end of this trailer.
<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”http://www.youtube.com/embed/VBDXBfylo_k” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>
But there is real mystery here. The real mystery is “What the hell is this about?” and that’s cool. If I learned one thing from the marketing of Prometheus, however, is that I’m more than likely to see these mists of mystery wiped away before the film hits cinemas.
For now though, I’m happy with the page of Google search results that the viral site sends me to. That’s teasing enough.
The presence of Sharlto Copley will do this film any amount of PR good in nerd circles, I think. The association with District 9 is definitely a positive one. I’ll say that director Sebastián Cordero is interesting too, if mainly on the strength of his film Crónicas.
Hopefully we’ll find out where and when we’ll be able to see Europa Report soon. Feels like Sundance to me, on a hunch.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014