Comica, the annual comics festival in London, is well into its November programming for its ninth year. Here are a few highlights still to come this week.
The UK premiere of the documentary about Alison Bechdel, The Paper Mirror documentary tonight, alongside a talk with Bechdel about her work, and a signing to follow. From 6pm at Foyles tonight.
Today, there us also a workshop as part of the Comica, Manga & Co. exhibition at the Goethe-Institut London, teaching the art of scraperboard illustrations from graphic novelist Line Hoven, of Love Looks Away. Starts in forty minutes, runs through the day…
On Wednesday, Posy Simmonds, creator of Tamara Drewe and Gemma Bovary, appears at Foyles, talking with Comica’s Paul Gravett.
On Thursday, premier homoerotic comics artist Oliver “Zack” Frey, talks with with writer Roger Kean, at Foyle’s, followed by a signing.
Thursday also has a screening of the documentary The Art of Spiegelman, interviewing the man and following his creative process, followed by a panel on graphic novels with Sarah Lightman and Corinne Pearlman, at the Tricycle Cinema.
Also currently running is the Manhwa exhibition at the Korean Culture Centre, the Alois Nebel exhibition at Riverside Studios Gallery, the Comics Manga & Co exhibition at Goethe-Institut London, and the history of Foyles, illustrated by Bryan Talbot, Hunt Emerson, Warren Pleece, Karrie Fransman, JAKe and more, installed on the hoarding next door to the store. And the four-page graphic short stories created by the shortlisted finalists of the Comica Graphic Short Story Prize being displayed in the store.
- Watch Halle Berry Chug A Glass Of Whisky At San Diego Comic-Con’s ‘Kingsman’ Panel - July 20, 2017
- The Props Of Blade Runner At San Diego Comic-Con – With A Surprise Appearance From Adam Savage - July 20, 2017
- Steven Moffat And Sue Vertue Talk Sherlock Holmes And Manga At San Diego Comic-Con - July 20, 2017
- Jakks Pacific’s San Diego Comic-Con Panel In 61 Photos – Will We Get A Nightwing Toy Now? - July 20, 2017
- John Barrowman Dances On Stage In A TARDIS Dress At San Diego Comic-Con - July 20, 2017