This is going to be the second time this week I’ve shared a link to TMZ, but at least they’re being better behaved this time. Michael Bay called in to take part in their TMZ Live show, answer a few tabloid-y questions and share just a little bit of new Transformers 4 info.
The most interesting piece, by a long chalk, was Bay’s indication of one way that the new episode will give us a new beginning while still standing alongside the series so far.
The movie is going to continue 4 years on from the attack on Chicago which was in the last movie. So it’s going still to have the same lineage but going in a full, new, different direction and it actually feels really natural how it is going in that direction.
Sounds like the attack on Chicago is an important date in the Transformers calendar, and now, we’ll be operating in a world that has to recover from that carnage – cue the ‘post 9/11’ subtext? Or maybe not. At least we know some time will have passed and, later, when we start to get more info, this could prove illuminating.
Okay, maybe it won’t. But in a world where the eight year gap with The Dark Knight and Dark Knight Rises launched a thousand headlines, I considered this at least a half as interesting. At least on a purely numerical basis.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014