Last week I lost my kids.
Sunday morning, on the second day of Tucson Comicon, I got an email from my ex-wife with new court orders that followed a hearing we had at the end of October in Mesa. The new orders end the 50/50 parenting time that we previously had and place my two boys, Aric (6) and Jakob (4) solely in her care with me paying $600 in child support and possibly up to the same amount in daycare. This was due to two things:
My choice to be a comic book artist and my choice to live with my long term girlfriend.
This ruling denied me the opportunity to keep my children out of daycare and keep them in my care which my career would allow. I am being given only the options of 1) giving up my dream and returning to a field of work where I was miserable while never seeing my kids OR 2) move out from the home I made with the woman I love.
Should I be punished for entrepreneurship in the art field, establishing a family and future with an amazing woman, and wanting my boys with me instead of in an expensive and unnecessary daycare?
Please share this if you can. The expenses have been exorbitant and I’m searching all avenues to pay for legal fees and try to get them back. Any support and awareness that can be raised is appreciated.
- DC Comics Fixes Justice League International Omnibus Problems (Some Of Them) With Stealth Second Printing - January 18, 2018
- Vaughn Stein Developing Smoketown from Scout Comics as a Movie - January 18, 2018
- 6 DC Comics Covers for February 2018 from Lee Bermejo, Bilquis Evely, Guillem March, Alvaro Martinez, Shane Davis, and Doug Mahnke - January 18, 2018
- Promethea Joins the Justice League of America - January 18, 2018
- Brenden Fletcher and Karl Kerschl Finally Bring Isola to Image Comics for April 2018 - January 18, 2018