Last week I lost my kids.
Sunday morning, on the second day of Tucson Comicon, I got an email from my ex-wife with new court orders that followed a hearing we had at the end of October in Mesa. The new orders end the 50/50 parenting time that we previously had and place my two boys, Aric (6) and Jakob (4) solely in her care with me paying $600 in child support and possibly up to the same amount in daycare. This was due to two things:
My choice to be a comic book artist and my choice to live with my long term girlfriend.
This ruling denied me the opportunity to keep my children out of daycare and keep them in my care which my career would allow. I am being given only the options of 1) giving up my dream and returning to a field of work where I was miserable while never seeing my kids OR 2) move out from the home I made with the woman I love.
Should I be punished for entrepreneurship in the art field, establishing a family and future with an amazing woman, and wanting my boys with me instead of in an expensive and unnecessary daycare?
Please share this if you can. The expenses have been exorbitant and I’m searching all avenues to pay for legal fees and try to get them back. Any support and awareness that can be raised is appreciated.
- What Will Happen To Task Force X After Justice League Vs Suicide Squad? Just Ask Grant Morrison (SPOILERS) - January 23, 2017
- Speculator Corner: Star Wars #49 – The Last Jedi – From Marvel Comics - January 23, 2017
- Scott Lobdell Writes Aspen’s Crossover Series, No World, Debuting In April 2017 - January 23, 2017
- Original Art Page From Asterix Breaks Records, Sells For $300,000 - January 23, 2017
- Ed Begley Jr Investigates Giant Robot Building With February’s “Build” Loot Crate - January 23, 2017