Improper Books are selling a limited B&W edition of Butterfly Gate: Beginnings at Thought Bubble in Leeds in a week and a half’s time as well as free promo pieces for their upcoming graphic novel, Porcelain: A Gothic Fairy Tale, also be available from Page 45, Travelling Man, Gosh! and Orbital.
Written by Benjamin Read, illustrated by Chris Wildgoose, coloured by André May, and lettered by Jim Campbell, PORCELAIN: A GOTHIC FAIRY TALE is set within a world that’s a darkly magical echo of our own. It follows the story of a street urchin, known as Child, who leaves the cold streets of a snowy city behind when she climbs the high wall into the Porcelain Maker’s secret garden in a bid to steal whatever she can. The Porcelain Maker discovers Child trespassing but, amused by her audacity, he offers her the chance to stay. He’s a lonely man, kept company only by his alchemically”powered automata, and he and Child form an unlikely friendship. Shut off from the world beyond the wall, Child wants or needs for nothing as the Porcelain Maker heaps affection and luxury upon her, indulging her like a daughter. In return, she can do as she pleases, except for one command, one rule that must never be broken, she must not look behind the workshop door.
- Speculator Corner: Digging Up The First Lockjaw Solo Comic - July 22, 2017
- Bill Adler’s ‘Letters To Batman’ From 1966 Republished As Fanmail ’66 - July 22, 2017
- DC Comics Variant Covers For August From Dale Keown, Emanuela Lupacchino, Frank Cho, And Stanley Artgerm Lau - July 22, 2017
- Video: Teen Wolf Cast Answers Questions About The Final 10 Episodes - July 22, 2017
- Can Stargate Really Work As A New Show Set In 1928? - July 22, 2017