Paula Mastroberti is a Brazilian comic book creator with a new graphic novel planned of her own for next year. Adormecida: cem anos para sempre is a reinvention of the fairy tale Sleeping Beauty, from 8INVERSO Graphics.
The book tells the story of a wandering prince that sees himself lost in the desert and decides to enter an old castle to spend the night. Suddenly, he is involved in a tragic, perverse story that has been happening for many, many years, and has to deal with dark and magical creatures, like a sensual and manipulative witch and a princess under a spell that has been sleeping for a long time.
It’s taken twenty years to reach publication. This is the first graphic novel entirely produced by Mastroberti, who is better known for reinventing tales like Don Quixote, Hamlet and Homer’s Odyssey for young audiences. This… doesn’t seem to be that. Here’s a look…
- DC Comics April 2018 Catalog – Solicits From Action Comics #1000 to Splitting Batman In Two… - January 22, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels Trinity With #22 in April 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Will Marvel’s New Young Guns Move the Needle? - January 22, 2018
- 20 Previews of Free Comic Book Day 2018 Titles, from Barrier to Relay to 2000AD Reneged - January 22, 2018
- Frankensteining Marvel Comics Solicits for April 2018 - January 22, 2018