There’s enough of stuff “popping out at you” in the original 2D Jurassic Park to thoroughly undermine one traditional argument against “the gimmick of 3D films.” Filmmakers have had plenty of space for things rushing or flying into and away from the camera all along, and this trailer will show you a handful of good examples.
Now, of course, some people are going to say this stuff makes Jurassic Park a good choice for a 3D conversion. Make your mind up, ‘the public.’ Either 3D is for things popping out at you or it isn’t.
I never much liked this film, but it did have some jaw-dropping FX and they certainly seem to have held up very well over the last two decades too. Kudos to Stan Winston, Phil Tippet, Dennis Muren and their teams.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014