Tonight’s the night that the first Inbetweeners movie comes home with a network TV premiere on Channel 4. Sometime Bleeding Cool contributor Dominic Frisby has a cameo in the first few minutes, playing the irate customer in the supermarket. Be sure and look out for his superb bald patch.
Surely, then, it’s about time for the follow-up to get rolling. No movie could do as well as the first Inbetweeners did and not get a sequel, surely?
Series co-creator and writer Iain Morris has given The Radio Times an update on their progress with the new screenplay.
The last thing any of us wants is a cheap cash-in. At the moment the script is at version 0.5, so we’re getting close… but we’re not there yet.
Well, it’s arguable that some of the scripts for the TV series never quite made it to 1.0 before hitting the screen, but the stakes with a feature film are obviously higher.
Previously it’s been reported that Morris and co-writer Damon Beesely are working on both a new, original screenplay and some kind of fresh, American spin on the Inbetweeners model – separate and distinct to the show’s MTV do-over. Neither of these were addressed in the Radio Times interview. Quite what proportion of 1.0 these projects have arrived at will have to remain shrouded in mystery for now.
We personally hope that whenever The Inbetweeners 2 gets going, the irate customer comes back for more. There’s been some real progress on that bald patch and I think the world would like to see it.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014