Derived from Isaac Marion‘s popular zombie romance novel, Warm Bodies is the next from Jonathine Levine, director of the rather under-appreciated 50/50.
I think the idea is that we’ll get Romeo and Juliet but with more flesh eating. This could be Twilight with balls – or at least, that’s how one of my students described the book and she was no dummy.
Interesting how broadly they play the comedy in the second half. Maybe I should have spotted that coming when Rob Corddry was cast.
Nicholas Hoult‘s voice over is interesting, though. The tension between his inner monologue and his actions could work so much better cinematically than on the page. Here’s hoping they find some good ways to exploit it.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014