In promoting the release of The Amazing Spider-Man on DVD, Blu-ray and all those other, slightly futuristic ways you can get movies now, a couple of the film’s crew members pointed towards a hidden easter egg, smuggled in as set-up for something in the sequel.
Speaking to ET Online, VFX supervisor Jerome Chen said:
There’s also an Easter Egg at the end of the movie…
While animation supervisor David Schaub was more specific:
In the very last shot of the film where [Spider-Man] is swinging, gets himself shot out of the crane and he’s flying down past the George Washington Bridge and he strikes a pose, there’s an Easter Egg – but I can’t tell you any more than that – for something to come.
Well, I can’t say this easter egg just threw itself off the screen at me. Perhaps you’ll fare better in trying to sniff it out.
Here’s the scene in question, as found lying around in a dark corner of the web but used with a citation of fair use and all that. Tell me what you see here that might be a clue of some kind.
UPDATE: Now in much better quality, thanks to our forum.
This egg hunt will be a heck of lot easier on Blu-ray but, okay, I do have two theories.
First of all, there’s a helicopter with a searchlight over there by what seems to be the Oscorp building. Someone or something has very possibly escaped or is breaking in. I reckon I’ve probably nailed it there. In that brilliantly imprecise way that I ever nailed anything.
Or, perhaps less likely, there’s that alleyway of clothes. Is Electro hanging his outfit out to dry? There’s certainly something big and green and unusual looking drip-drying down there.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014