Quickly following up on Vulture scoop of earlier this evening, Deadline are now confirming that Michael Arndt has indeed written treatments for not just one movie, but for each film in the next Star Wars trilogy.
These are, effectively, the key asset in the sale of Lucasfilm to Disney.
The report also says that Arndt will “work on” the script for Episode 7 next year – presumably when a director has been secured to work alongside him.
This confirmation lends credence to the rest of the original story, which named Brad Bird, JJ Abrams and Steven Spielberg as wish-list directors. Yep – we’re moving further and further away from that Matthew Vaughn bunkum as the hours and days tick by.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014