Patrick Dane writes for Bleeding Cool
Dominic Cooper has started popping up in everything. After a slew of supporting roles in films like Captain America, My Week With Marilyn, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter and even getting a starring role The Devil’s Double, his star appears to have well and truly risen. Next up: Dreamworks adaption of the Need for Speed videogame series.
As well as Variety reporting that Cooper is in negotiations, they even spill a brief blurb for the movie. They say that the:
story follows an underground racecar driver who owns a garage that modifies expensive cars to make them faster for racing. Framed and sent to prison when his best friend is murdered during a race, he seeks revenge upon his release.
Cooper will play the other male lead of Dino, an ex-NASCAR driver who uses his connections to the wealthy to create a business rebuilding and modifying supercars. Imogen Poots… is making a deal to play an exotic car dealer who does business with Paul and Cooper.
I think it is probably a safe bet that his revenge is accomplished through racing real fast.
Things seem to be coming together nicely for the project, with Imogen Poots and Aaron Paul already confirmed. Now we will just have to sit back and see what Need for Speed can bring to the table that Fast and Furious hasn’t.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014