It was previewed at San Diego Comic Con. In 2010. Then they published the preview in November. 2010. And now in February 2013, it gets published. Son Of Merlin by Robert Place Napton and Zid from Top Cow and Heroes And Villains Entertainment.
A fully painted comic book, it’s Arthurian legend via Star Wars being played out on the streets of modern day Manhattan. So we get majestically magical scenes like this that remind you of the likes of a simplified but painted Promethea.
Then take mundane mixing of the Arthurian and the everyday-familiar, and just a bit of Whedonesque stylised dialogue.
So we have Merlin. Guinevere. Morgan Le Fey. And, as the title suggests, the Son Of Merlin… of all the Heroes And Villains title, which have included Epoch and Netherworld, doesn’t this seem the most commercially exploitable? It certainly looks the prettiest…
- After Arkham Asylum 2, Dark Knight 3 And Doomsday Clock… What Sequel Could Be Next? - July 25, 2017
- Remember That Time The Savage Dragon Had Some Questions To Ask God? - July 25, 2017
- From Perfect To Real: Moving Beyond The Strong Female Character At San Diego Comic-Con - July 25, 2017
- A ‘Vikings’ Funeral At San Diego Comic-Con - July 25, 2017
- A Comic Show Post-San Diego… “Some Jackass Who’s Always On Bleeding Cool” – Robert Kirkman - July 25, 2017