It was previewed at San Diego Comic Con. In 2010. Then they published the preview in November. 2010. And now in February 2013, it gets published. Son Of Merlin by Robert Place Napton and Zid from Top Cow and Heroes And Villains Entertainment.
A fully painted comic book, it’s Arthurian legend via Star Wars being played out on the streets of modern day Manhattan. So we get majestically magical scenes like this that remind you of the likes of a simplified but painted Promethea.
Then take mundane mixing of the Arthurian and the everyday-familiar, and just a bit of Whedonesque stylised dialogue.
So we have Merlin. Guinevere. Morgan Le Fey. And, as the title suggests, the Son Of Merlin… of all the Heroes And Villains title, which have included Epoch and Netherworld, doesn’t this seem the most commercially exploitable? It certainly looks the prettiest…
- Marvel Reveals One Of Their Secret Free Comic Book Day Title To Be Guardians AND Defenders - January 18, 2017
- In Today’s Amazing Spider-Man, No One Is Talking About Sins Past, Least Of All Dan Slott - January 18, 2017
- A World With So, So Many Supermen – Trinity And Superman Spoilers - January 18, 2017
- Does Doctor Who Make Another Visit To Today’s Clone Conspiracy#4? (SPOILERS) - January 18, 2017
- Now It’s Time For Justice League Vs Suicide Squad To Make A DC Watchmen Reference (SPOILERS) - January 18, 2017