It was previewed at San Diego Comic Con. In 2010. Then they published the preview in November. 2010. And now in February 2013, it gets published. Son Of Merlin by Robert Place Napton and Zid from Top Cow and Heroes And Villains Entertainment.
A fully painted comic book, it’s Arthurian legend via Star Wars being played out on the streets of modern day Manhattan. So we get majestically magical scenes like this that remind you of the likes of a simplified but painted Promethea.
Then take mundane mixing of the Arthurian and the everyday-familiar, and just a bit of Whedonesque stylised dialogue.
So we have Merlin. Guinevere. Morgan Le Fey. And, as the title suggests, the Son Of Merlin… of all the Heroes And Villains title, which have included Epoch and Netherworld, doesn’t this seem the most commercially exploitable? It certainly looks the prettiest…
- Nancy Silberkleit Now Distributing Her Own Archie Comic, Featuring Scarlet, One Copy at a Time - January 19, 2018
- Sitcomics Challenges Diamond with 64-Page $3.99 Comics – and a 20-Page Preview of Start-Up #1 - January 19, 2018
- He Who Knows Floods Soaks at the Touch of Frank Cho’s Man-Thing - January 19, 2018
- Batman and Doomsday Clock Win Comics of the Year, DC Wins Publisher at Diamond 2017 Gem Awards - January 19, 2018
- The Walking Dead, Wild Hunt, and X-Men Red Top Advance Reorders - January 19, 2018