Okay, it’s meant to be some kind of tortous pun. BrooklyKnight – “Brooklyn Knight”. Brooklynite? But I’m sorry, it looks like Brookly Knight. A knight that has come over all brookly. Is that intentional? Wouldn’t Brooklyn Knight have been better? I can’t find many uses of “Brookly” outside of sexual positions involving Deap Heat as a lubricant.
Apparently BrooklyKnight is the “protector of Brooklyn’s hometown absketball team the Brooklyn Nets, defender of New York’s largest and most courageous borough, and ruler of Barclays Center”, the teams new stadium thing. So he’s some kind of benign dictator? He’s basically Doctor Doom.
And apparently he made his debut at the Brooklyn Net’s first proper game in the NBA at the Barclays Center against the Toronto Raptors, playing an exhibition shot before the game. Raptors sounds much better than Nets, no wonder they need a superhero to insoire. Or a supervillain.
And Marvel created a giveaway comic with Jason Aaron and Mike Deodato... which means Marvel must have been paid an absolute stack of cash to make it. Or basketball fan Axel Alonso pulled in a lot of favours to make it very good indeed. Seriously, I haven’t seen a custom comic with such a prominent creative team before. The next game will see attendees getting a BrooklyKnight trading card too. Here’s a preview;
The logo… so familiar…
- Let There Be Light? Tomorrow’s Ultimates 2 #8 Tells The Very Beginning Of The Marvel Multiverse - April 25, 2017
- A Host Of New Comics Announced At C2E2 From Lion Forge - April 25, 2017
- An Unannounced Issue Of Surgeon X To Be Digitally Published Tomorrow, By Sara Kenney And Warren Pleece - April 25, 2017
- Marvel’s Agents Of Hydra Shout Sheets For Fitz And Simmons…. It’s Not Looking Good - April 25, 2017
- How Faith And Ninjak Went To Homecoming Together – Courtesy Of David Lafuente - April 25, 2017