Okay, it’s meant to be some kind of tortous pun. BrooklyKnight – “Brooklyn Knight”. Brooklynite? But I’m sorry, it looks like Brookly Knight. A knight that has come over all brookly. Is that intentional? Wouldn’t Brooklyn Knight have been better? I can’t find many uses of “Brookly” outside of sexual positions involving Deap Heat as a lubricant.
Apparently BrooklyKnight is the “protector of Brooklyn’s hometown absketball team the Brooklyn Nets, defender of New York’s largest and most courageous borough, and ruler of Barclays Center”, the teams new stadium thing. So he’s some kind of benign dictator? He’s basically Doctor Doom.
And apparently he made his debut at the Brooklyn Net’s first proper game in the NBA at the Barclays Center against the Toronto Raptors, playing an exhibition shot before the game. Raptors sounds much better than Nets, no wonder they need a superhero to insoire. Or a supervillain.
And Marvel created a giveaway comic with Jason Aaron and Mike Deodato... which means Marvel must have been paid an absolute stack of cash to make it. Or basketball fan Axel Alonso pulled in a lot of favours to make it very good indeed. Seriously, I haven’t seen a custom comic with such a prominent creative team before. The next game will see attendees getting a BrooklyKnight trading card too. Here’s a preview;
The logo… so familiar…
- Will Marvel’s New Young Guns Move the Needle? - January 22, 2018
- 20 Previews of Free Comic Book Day 2018 Titles, from Barrier to Relay to 2000AD Reneged - January 22, 2018
- Frankensteining Marvel Comics Solicits for April 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Gendercrunching Quarterly, Autumn 2017: Marvel and DC Comics - January 22, 2018
- 22-Page Preview of Blue Baron #1 with Ron Frenz and Sal Buscema – Another 64-Page $3.99 Sitcomic - January 22, 2018