Okay, it’s meant to be some kind of tortous pun. BrooklyKnight – “Brooklyn Knight”. Brooklynite? But I’m sorry, it looks like Brookly Knight. A knight that has come over all brookly. Is that intentional? Wouldn’t Brooklyn Knight have been better? I can’t find many uses of “Brookly” outside of sexual positions involving Deap Heat as a lubricant.
Apparently BrooklyKnight is the “protector of Brooklyn’s hometown absketball team the Brooklyn Nets, defender of New York’s largest and most courageous borough, and ruler of Barclays Center”, the teams new stadium thing. So he’s some kind of benign dictator? He’s basically Doctor Doom.
And apparently he made his debut at the Brooklyn Net’s first proper game in the NBA at the Barclays Center against the Toronto Raptors, playing an exhibition shot before the game. Raptors sounds much better than Nets, no wonder they need a superhero to insoire. Or a supervillain.
And Marvel created a giveaway comic with Jason Aaron and Mike Deodato... which means Marvel must have been paid an absolute stack of cash to make it. Or basketball fan Axel Alonso pulled in a lot of favours to make it very good indeed. Seriously, I haven’t seen a custom comic with such a prominent creative team before. The next game will see attendees getting a BrooklyKnight trading card too. Here’s a preview;
The logo… so familiar…
- Diamond Says X-O Manowar #1 Was 10th Bestselling Comic In March, Not 12th As Previously Reported - July 24, 2017
- Marvel Comics To Publish Sampler Volume For Star Wars Reads Day In October - July 24, 2017
- Zack Kaplan And Andrea Mutti’s New Comic ‘Port Of Earth’ Coming From Image Comics In November - July 24, 2017
- DC Comics To Run TV Ads For ‘Dark Knight III: The Master Race’ Collection For The Holidays - July 24, 2017
- Details On How Harley Quinn Will Take Over Batman Day In September - July 24, 2017