Out in the UK next Friday is Love Bite, a new werewolf comedy from Andy De Emmony, one of the UK’s more accomplished and busiest TV directors. The kink in this version of the wolfman myth is that the beast is only eating virgins, so our inexperienced hero is on a race against time to pop his cherry.
No, really. Check this trailer out for yourself.
Okay, I said “wolfman” myth, but the official blurb wants us to think this is a “wolfwoman” story.
Summer holidays in the dead-end seaside town of Rainmouth, Jamie is bored out of his mind and desperate to escape until he meets beautiful, smart and sexy American traveler Juliana.
But soon after Juliana’s arrival, strange things start happening. One of the local teens goes missing at a party. Then, another. Jamie is warned by an enigmatic stranger that a werewolf is in town – and preying solely on virgin flesh! The only way to be safe seems to be to pop your cherry.
For all the talk of Jamie and his friends, it turns out none of them have ever had sex before… Pretty soon, everyone is dying to get laid…
Chances are it won’t be as much fun as Geoffrey Wright’s Cherry Falls. Probably not as demented either. Still, if a miracle happens and Bleeding Cool get invited to a press screening, we’ll be sure to report back.
*To see De Emmony get to grips with certifiably good material, check out recent mystery caper The Bletchley Circle. Four women who worked together as World War 2 codebreakers team up again in the fifties and put their special skills to use in hunting a serial killer. It was great fun.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014