And so we come to the first trailer of the penultimate Steven Soderbergh film,* and our first look at his pill-paranoia thriller, Side Effects. Don’t expect Limitless, this would seem to be rather more grounded.
[Trailer removed per receipt of a DMCA Takedown notice]
Well, that just looks great. I have almost no idea what the actual plot is either – Big Pharma are naughty, these pills have some undesirable side effects – and that’s quite nice, for a change.
Scott Z. Burns and Soderbergh collaborated before on The Informant! and Contagion, and both of those managed to set very real, graspable dramatic arcs against bigger backdrops. They can tell you a story and show you a world both at once, and that seems to be just what they’re doing here – the story of Rooney Mara’s character, and a window into the machinations of medicine companies.
How nice to see that February release date at the end. I was wondering what the New Year would bring to be excited about.
*And the last being made for cinematic release. Behind the Candelabra is being shot for HBO.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014