Patrick Dane writes for Bleeding Cool.
Sometimes opposites attract, swoop in and click together to make something, if not exactly great, then certainly novel. Surely we can expect at least that from a Breaking Bad-themed Mythbusters episode?*
EW report that Aaron Paul and Vince Gilligan will be joining hosts Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman on a new episode that will put some of the scenarios in the show to the test. Savage and Hyneman will be recreating a scene from the first season of Breaking Bad in which Jesse dissolves a body in a bathtub with hydrochloric acid with, all to a rather ‘messy’ outcome. Another experiment from another first season episode is planned, but just what has not been revealed quite yet.
One thing that struck me about this crossover is that Mythbusters is fairly family orientated while Breaking Bad really, really isn’t. But Savage has addressed this:
We’re going to push the limit of humor about this as far as we can, and it’s a difficult line because Mythbusters is a family show. A lot of people watch it with their kids, and yet we’re doing with a collaboration with pretty much the least family-oriented show on television right now.
That doesn’t necessarily answer anything but I guess it is good that he has at least considered it.
The episode is being filmed this week and is going to air sometime nest spring. There has even been talk of future Breaking Bad-orientated episodes.
*Not quite as fun as a Mythbusters themes Breaking Bad episode but oh well…
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014