Wow. Just wow. Yesterday, Bleeding Cool pointed out how the Stephanie Brown Batgirl character appeared, as someone dressing as her in Hallowe’en costume in the L’il Gotham strip.
People at DC read our article, even though the office were closed. And remotely they went to work, recolouring the character, turning blonde hair to brunette and removing the purple stripe down her leg, to create a Batgirl that was… well, no longer Stephanie Brown. Yup, in the DC Universe, not even little kids are allowed to dress up as Stephanie Brown.
Compare, contrast and despair…. top left hand corner.
There’s one other twist… an upcoming Stephanie Brown Batgirl HeroClix figure. Or will something… unfortunate happen to her on the way to production as well?
UPDATE: There is debate as to the provenance of the second image and if DC changed it further since, or if it too was meddled with, and the current version still has Stephanie Brown’s purple stripe. I’m currently too far from decent wifi to check. The hair however is a definite production change since the image was sent to BuzzFeed…
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who: On Thin Ice – From Black Jesus To Punching Nazis - April 29, 2017
- Comic Creators At Ru Paul’s Drag Con, In Los Angeles This Weekend - April 29, 2017
- Separated At Birth – Moonstruck And Brave Chef Brianna? - April 29, 2017
- No, Calgary, Wonder Woman Isn’t Published By Marvel Comics… - April 29, 2017
- George Pérez Not At East Coast Comic Con Today, Amid Health Concerns - April 29, 2017