Wow. Just wow. Yesterday, Bleeding Cool pointed out how the Stephanie Brown Batgirl character appeared, as someone dressing as her in Hallowe’en costume in the L’il Gotham strip.
People at DC read our article, even though the office were closed. And remotely they went to work, recolouring the character, turning blonde hair to brunette and removing the purple stripe down her leg, to create a Batgirl that was… well, no longer Stephanie Brown. Yup, in the DC Universe, not even little kids are allowed to dress up as Stephanie Brown.
Compare, contrast and despair…. top left hand corner.
There’s one other twist… an upcoming Stephanie Brown Batgirl HeroClix figure. Or will something… unfortunate happen to her on the way to production as well?
UPDATE: There is debate as to the provenance of the second image and if DC changed it further since, or if it too was meddled with, and the current version still has Stephanie Brown’s purple stripe. I’m currently too far from decent wifi to check. The hair however is a definite production change since the image was sent to BuzzFeed…
- Marc Silvestri’s Batman/The Joker: Deadly Duo Finally Announced at San Diego Comic-Con - July 19, 2018
- Grant Morrison Signs on to Write for Magic Leap One Augmented Reality Headset - July 19, 2018
- Black Mask Surprise-Publishes New Comic CALEXIT: All Systems San Diego, Today - July 19, 2018
- Fantastic Four #1 Dominates Advance Reorders - July 19, 2018
- Top Shelf to Publish George Takei’s Graphic Memoir, They Called Us Enemy - July 19, 2018