Wow. Just wow. Yesterday, Bleeding Cool pointed out how the Stephanie Brown Batgirl character appeared, as someone dressing as her in Hallowe’en costume in the L’il Gotham strip.
People at DC read our article, even though the office were closed. And remotely they went to work, recolouring the character, turning blonde hair to brunette and removing the purple stripe down her leg, to create a Batgirl that was… well, no longer Stephanie Brown. Yup, in the DC Universe, not even little kids are allowed to dress up as Stephanie Brown.
Compare, contrast and despair…. top left hand corner.
There’s one other twist… an upcoming Stephanie Brown Batgirl HeroClix figure. Or will something… unfortunate happen to her on the way to production as well?
UPDATE: There is debate as to the provenance of the second image and if DC changed it further since, or if it too was meddled with, and the current version still has Stephanie Brown’s purple stripe. I’m currently too far from decent wifi to check. The hair however is a definite production change since the image was sent to BuzzFeed…
- Harley Quinn vs. Darkseid in Closer DC Continuity as Sam Humphries Writes Ongoing Series from #43 - March 17, 2018
- Comic Store In Your Future – Why I’m Hiring a New Employee - March 17, 2018
- In the Wake of Doomsday Clock, DC Comics Collects Don McGregor and Gene Colan’s Nathaniel Dusk - March 17, 2018
- Jim Lee’s First Two Pages for Brian Bendis’ Action Comics #1000 – and a Six Hour Video of Him Drawing One - March 17, 2018
- 481 3rd Ave – the New Location for JHU in New York City - March 17, 2018