Wow. Just wow. Yesterday, Bleeding Cool pointed out how the Stephanie Brown Batgirl character appeared, as someone dressing as her in Hallowe’en costume in the L’il Gotham strip.
People at DC read our article, even though the office were closed. And remotely they went to work, recolouring the character, turning blonde hair to brunette and removing the purple stripe down her leg, to create a Batgirl that was… well, no longer Stephanie Brown. Yup, in the DC Universe, not even little kids are allowed to dress up as Stephanie Brown.
Compare, contrast and despair…. top left hand corner.
There’s one other twist… an upcoming Stephanie Brown Batgirl HeroClix figure. Or will something… unfortunate happen to her on the way to production as well?
UPDATE: There is debate as to the provenance of the second image and if DC changed it further since, or if it too was meddled with, and the current version still has Stephanie Brown’s purple stripe. I’m currently too far from decent wifi to check. The hair however is a definite production change since the image was sent to BuzzFeed…
- Justice League/Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #1 Gets A Nice New Cover For Its Second Print… - January 18, 2017
- Looks Like Captain Marvel Was Right About Civil War II – But Has The US President Abandoned Her? - January 18, 2017
- DC Comics’ New Gay Superhero, The Ray – In His Own Words - January 18, 2017
- Valiant Goes To Space – Six Pages From X-O Manowar #1 - January 18, 2017
- DC Comics To Charge $2.99 Digital For Its New $3.99 Print Comics - January 18, 2017