Ghostbusters 3 really was going to get going in the summer but now some money troubles at Sony have seen the project frozen.
The Hollywood Reporter have a piece on the state of financial accounts at Sony, and they cite multiple sources who claim that film production at the studio has been frozen until at least the end of the fiscal year.
One of the big effects of this is a freeze on Ghostbusters 3. The studio now won’t make a decision on whether or not to proceed until the end of March and the annual refreshing of the ledgers.
As a result, production would most likely get going next Autumn. Maybe later. If it gets going at all.
Other rumours persist that Sony are about to sell of their film studio, but Sony’s CEO Kaz Hirai has said:
There is absolutely no truth to rumors that Sony’s Entertainment businesses are for sale. … Our entertainment companies have a stable business foundation and are poised for future growth. There is no reason to sell these industry-leading businesses and no consideration is being given to the idea.
They’re not for sale… they just need to have a little lie down. Come back in the spring, why don’tcha.
Crikey. I hope they budget Ghostbusters 3 sensibly.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014