YouTube user Visakh Vishnu tends to collect polished promos, trailers and TV spots. In the last couple of days, he posted an unexplained bit of Man of Steel CG.
Here it is. All 20-odd seconds.
Okay, so it might be fan made. Technically. But it isn’t. My guess is that this was produced, or at least finished up, in one of the post production companies in Vishnu’s neighbourhood. Just like the other things he likes posting to YouTube.
There’s a new Man of Steel trailer coming in the next month or so, most likely with The Hobbit. Could these be a part of that? Doesn’t quite seem the right shape to me. I think this is probably part of a longer reel of title graphics, or something developed for multipurpose use. It might even turn out to be the intro graphic to the film’s website, sooner or later.
Whatever it is, let’s consider what it actually shows us. Well, to the soundtrack of some ambient orchestration and sizzles, the steel logo seems to be getting hotter and hotter until it glows red. A simple symbolic reminder that Superman is coming back? Hints of a deep freeze, of some kind, in the coming story line?
Either way, there’s the tone that Warner Bros. want to attach to the film. Seems pretty serious, right?
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014