While The Hollywood Reporter have ascertained that Jamie King will be coming back, and to play Wendy, twin sister of the first film’s Goldie, and that Jamie Chung is taking over the role of Miho from Devon Aoki, there are still some big gaps in the cast.
For example, the title role of Ava, the dame to kill for, is still empty. It was originally intended for Angelina Jolie but that didn’t pan out.
At the same time, a new actor is required to play Dwight. Not because Clive Owen won’t be coming back – apparently he will, to my personal surprise – but because the character undergoes facial reconstruction. Somebody has to play the other version of Dwight. Hopefully somebody who can do some good Owen-isms.
There’s a new character called Johnny to be cast too. It’s not clear if this is the same Johnny as in the original comics, the chap recruited by Amy to kill her Dad. We may have an entirely new Johnny, a heavily reworked Johnny or just an adapted Johnny.
Robert Rodriguez is co-directing with Frank Miller once again. Sin City 2 should be ready for us in time for a release next October. Unlike the first film, this one is going to be in 3D.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014