In a Facebook thread stared by Ethan Van Sciver, he stated
I would like to Rob Liefeld to draw Badrock Obama. But he won’t.
A mashup of Barack Obama and Rob Liefeld’s Badrock from Youngblood presumably. Liefeld replied;
Ethan, I am retired from comics but you have my blessing, it would look great if you drew it
Liefeld recently stormed out of DC in a barrage of tweets, but it was still expected that he would continue to work in comics, whether on Infinite with Robert Kirkman, the Extreme line for Image, or on projects such as his Scriptural Zombie comic or even getting round to finishing Youngblood Bloodsport.
But it appears it is not to be. Rob Liefeld is 45.
UPDATE: Rob Liefeld now tweets;
I am NOT retired from comics. Taking some time off and will be back at it soon. Thanks!
No I am not permanently retired from comics. I’m too young! Momentarily, yes. Geez, let a guy enjoy some R and R
My mistake is that I don’t give facebook comments the same weight as I do twitter rants. Lesson learned.
That’s quite the flip flop!
- Extended Preview of Axis & Atlas #1, the New Titan Comic That’s “a Cross Between Asterix and Bone” - December 15, 2017
- Comic Store In Your Future: Getting Rid of the Dead Shoplifters Before the Secret Shopper Arrives - December 15, 2017
- Sir Derek Jacobi to Play the Voice of God in Good Omens TV Series - December 15, 2017
- Marvel Comics Asks Retailers to Hold on to Ed Piskor’s Corner Box - December 15, 2017
- Tales of Tomorrow: Bringing Comics, Cosplay, and Coffee to the Four Corners - December 15, 2017