In a Facebook thread stared by Ethan Van Sciver, he stated
I would like to Rob Liefeld to draw Badrock Obama. But he won’t.
A mashup of Barack Obama and Rob Liefeld’s Badrock from Youngblood presumably. Liefeld replied;
Ethan, I am retired from comics but you have my blessing, it would look great if you drew it
Liefeld recently stormed out of DC in a barrage of tweets, but it was still expected that he would continue to work in comics, whether on Infinite with Robert Kirkman, the Extreme line for Image, or on projects such as his Scriptural Zombie comic or even getting round to finishing Youngblood Bloodsport.
But it appears it is not to be. Rob Liefeld is 45.
UPDATE: Rob Liefeld now tweets;
I am NOT retired from comics. Taking some time off and will be back at it soon. Thanks!
No I am not permanently retired from comics. I’m too young! Momentarily, yes. Geez, let a guy enjoy some R and R
My mistake is that I don’t give facebook comments the same weight as I do twitter rants. Lesson learned.
That’s quite the flip flop!
- All The Non-Spoiler Reviews Of Doomsday Clock #1 So Far- Including New Page Of Art - November 20, 2017
- Warning – Doomsday Clock #1 Press Embargoes Lift In Five Hours - November 19, 2017
- Caster, A New Comic (And More) From Common And Jason Masters - November 19, 2017
- Cartoonist Imprisoned In Equatorial Guinea For Two Months Now - November 19, 2017
- Line Webtoon Launches Cursed, Rob, And Firebrand Season 2 From John Barrowman, Tommy Lee Edwards, Claudia Aguirre, Erika Lewis, And More - November 19, 2017