In a Facebook thread stared by Ethan Van Sciver, he stated
I would like to Rob Liefeld to draw Badrock Obama. But he won’t.
A mashup of Barack Obama and Rob Liefeld’s Badrock from Youngblood presumably. Liefeld replied;
Ethan, I am retired from comics but you have my blessing, it would look great if you drew it
Liefeld recently stormed out of DC in a barrage of tweets, but it was still expected that he would continue to work in comics, whether on Infinite with Robert Kirkman, the Extreme line for Image, or on projects such as his Scriptural Zombie comic or even getting round to finishing Youngblood Bloodsport.
But it appears it is not to be. Rob Liefeld is 45.
UPDATE: Rob Liefeld now tweets;
I am NOT retired from comics. Taking some time off and will be back at it soon. Thanks!
No I am not permanently retired from comics. I’m too young! Momentarily, yes. Geez, let a guy enjoy some R and R
My mistake is that I don’t give facebook comments the same weight as I do twitter rants. Lesson learned.
That’s quite the flip flop!
- Eric Zawadzki And Ryan Lindsay’s Graphic Novel, Eternal, From Black Mask January 2018 Solicits - October 18, 2017
- Titan Comics Launches Assassin’s Creed: Origins With Free DLC, By Anne Toole And PJ Kaiowa In January 2018 Solicits - October 18, 2017
- DC Comics Has Revealed A Universe Where Everyone Is Genderflipped – Including Selina Kyle (METAL Spoilers) - October 18, 2017
- Did Stark Just Unmask Peter Parker To The World Again? Seriously? - October 18, 2017
- So Maybe Wonder Woman Wasn’t The Worst Mother – But Then Superman Was A Terrible Step-Dad (Justice League #31 Spoilers) - October 18, 2017