This is a nice little bit of nerdy nothing-much, some candyfloss for geeks. Out promoting her new documentary I Am Nancy, the original Nightmare on Elm Street final girl Heather Langenkamp has revealed her involvement in the Star Trek sequel:
I had the opportunity to play a small part in Star Trek, so I’m looking forward to that. I can’t tell you anything about that, but that was a thrill for me. My husband and I worked on the makeup effects for Star Trek. He designed some of them, so that’s the thing we’re looking forward to most.
Husband makeup what? Well, elsewhere in Horror News‘ interview (with a hat tip to Latino Review) I see that Langenkamp is married to David LeRoy Anderson, a makeup artist for AFX Studio, recently employed on Cabin in the Woods.
In the last 10 years, my husband is quite a prominent makeup effects artist, and I’ve found that he’s often going to Canada and doing jobs far away, and it was really hard on our family. I kind of teamed up with him, and I do a lot of the busy work of owning a business. I really enjoyed teaming up with him, because I really like more mundane jobs, and he’s so creative, so we complement each other a lot in our business.
My bet is that Langenkamp gets a role under prosthetics or at least coloured dye in Star Trek. A Klingon? That’d be nifty.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014