While we in the UK are still waiting for BBC America’s Copper to hop the Atlantic, Auntie Beeb’s American cousins have gone ahead and commissioned another original series.
Orphan Black has been co-created by John Fawcett, director of the splendid Ginger Snaps and undervalued sheep-bothering horror film, The Dark. He’s got a lot of experience in serial TV too.
Here’s the first promo trailer courtesy of Spoiler TV.
Yeah, as you can probably tell, it’s early days yet. And there’s not much more to go on, just a press release but here at least is the official blurb for the show:
After witnessing a woman’s suicide, Sarah assumes her identity hoping that cleaning out the dead woman’s bank account will solve all of her problems. Instead, the street smart chameleon is thrust headlong into a kaleidoscopic mystery. She makes the dizzying discovery that she and the dead woman are clones… but are they the only ones? With an assassin hot on her trail, Sarah is racing for answers.
Dizzying for her and for anybody who didn’t read that blurb, I suppose. I guess they’ve probably only spoiled the first episode, at worst.
Tatiana Maslany has been cast in the lead role, with Maria Doyle Kennedy, Dylan Bruce and Jordan Gavaris in other key parts. That’s Maslany at the head of the story.
More on this in the months to come, I’m very sure.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014