Jason Statham was, for a good while, rumoured to be in the running for a role in Transformers 4. That’s died down a bit now, but there’s a fresh bit of hearsay associated with the film and it evokes a pretty similar notion of what the movie would be, I think.
Because, you see, over at Twitch, there’s a claim that Mark Wahlberg is negotiating a role in the movie. Isn’t the appeal of Mark Wahlberg in action quite similar to the appeal of Statham?
I guess Wahlberg would handle the comedy bits better. And any boxing that might required. Or rapping.
Maybe not any rapping. That might be a dead heat, come to think of it.
Wahlberg and Michael Bay have just worked together on Pain and Gain. I guess they got along.
If the story is true, you might assume Wahlberg’s role would be the Texan race car driver that came up recently. That Texan race car driver with a high school senior girlfriend. Eww.
Though it might not be that part. And it might not be true at all. For now, it’s something to discuss.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014