Patrick Dane writes for Bleeding Cool
Stephen Colbert probably isn’t the first person you would think of when casting The Hobbit but it looks like he is set to make a quick trip to Middle Earth anyway.
The Hollywood Reporter‘s sources confirmed that Colbert is set to make a cameo during the trilogy at some point. It wouldn’t be during The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey but later in the trilogy. Colbert is a huge Tolkien fan and he told the Playboy’s November issue:
I flew out and watched them shoot some scenes and went to some locations. I saw a 25-minute cut, and it was amazing. Jackson knows I’m a big fan of the films.
In the interview, Colbert teased that he could be appearing, but it would now seem to be confirmed.
In another dose of Hobbit news, Tolkiendrim.com (via The One Ring) have got their mitts on some high resolution pictures of Bolg, a Goblin boss. This now confirms for us that the Phantom of the Opera won’t be appearing in the Hobbit. Boo?
That mace seems rather impractical. I know having the biggest weapon can boost your testosterone driven fantasies but at some point it’s just got to be more effort than that’s worth.
- Massive Mighty Morphin Spoilers For The Power Rangers Movie, Revealed - March 11, 2017
- Final Fantasy XV Preview – What Four Hours With The Title Told Us - August 16, 2016
- PAX South 2016: Deckbound Unbound: The Evolution of the TCG - February 2, 2016
- Call of Duty: Blacks Op 3 Has Sold Better Than The Last Two Games In The Franchise - November 11, 2015
- The Nathan Drake Collection Was The Best Selling Digital PS4 Game In October - November 11, 2015