Captain America was a popular film. Almost too popular?
This mask, currently available online as a Red Skull mask, was used by one Kevin Crawford to rob a bank in Brooklyn of $8000 before he was arrested after onlookers followed him and then surrounded him, held by the Borough Park Shomrim, one of a number of unarmed, Hasidic patrols – without masks. He’d previously robbed a Wiliamsburg bank of almost $2000, and another in Fort Greene though he left empty handed.
Though considering Red Skull as a German Nazi, and Joe Simon and Jack Kirby as the two Jewish creators of Captain America, it does seem a rather delicious ending to his crime spree.
- What Will Happen To Task Force X After Justice League Vs Suicide Squad? Just Ask Grant Morrison (SPOILERS) - January 23, 2017
- Speculator Corner: Star Wars #49 – The Last Jedi – From Marvel Comics - January 23, 2017
- Scott Lobdell Writes Aspen’s Crossover Series, No World, Debuting In April 2017 - January 23, 2017
- Original Art Page From Asterix Breaks Records, Sells For $300,000 - January 23, 2017
- Ed Begley Jr Investigates Giant Robot Building With February’s “Build” Loot Crate - January 23, 2017