Captain America was a popular film. Almost too popular?
This mask, currently available online as a Red Skull mask, was used by one Kevin Crawford to rob a bank in Brooklyn of $8000 before he was arrested after onlookers followed him and then surrounded him, held by the Borough Park Shomrim, one of a number of unarmed, Hasidic patrols – without masks. He’d previously robbed a Wiliamsburg bank of almost $2000, and another in Fort Greene though he left empty handed.
Though considering Red Skull as a German Nazi, and Joe Simon and Jack Kirby as the two Jewish creators of Captain America, it does seem a rather delicious ending to his crime spree.
- Remember That Time The Savage Dragon Had Some Questions To Ask God? - July 25, 2017
- From Perfect To Real: Moving Beyond The Strong Female Character At San Diego Comic-Con - July 25, 2017
- A ‘Vikings’ Funeral At San Diego Comic-Con - July 25, 2017
- A Comic Show Post-San Diego… “Some Jackass Who’s Always On Bleeding Cool” – Robert Kirkman - July 25, 2017
- My Conversation with Sonny Liew: The Eisner Winner Behind ‘The Art Of Charlie Chan Hock Chye’ - July 25, 2017