Captain America was a popular film. Almost too popular?
This mask, currently available online as a Red Skull mask, was used by one Kevin Crawford to rob a bank in Brooklyn of $8000 before he was arrested after onlookers followed him and then surrounded him, held by the Borough Park Shomrim, one of a number of unarmed, Hasidic patrols – without masks. He’d previously robbed a Wiliamsburg bank of almost $2000, and another in Fort Greene though he left empty handed.
Though considering Red Skull as a German Nazi, and Joe Simon and Jack Kirby as the two Jewish creators of Captain America, it does seem a rather delicious ending to his crime spree.
- Dark Horse Comics Semi-Liquidates Over 300 Collections And Hardcovers, Including Buffy Omnibuses - March 26, 2017
- Lying In The Gutters – 26th March 2017 – Unworthy, Reborn And Leaked - March 26, 2017
- Women In Comics Con 2017: Because Pop Culture Is A Mirror That Reflects Everyone - March 26, 2017
- Chicago’s FanFest 2017 – “This Is What Happens When Your Country Is Founded By Religious Nuts With Guns” - March 26, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 26th March 2017 – “Iron Fist Is Off To A Good Start But We Didn’t Sell A Single Issue Of Gamora” - March 26, 2017