Captain America was a popular film. Almost too popular?
This mask, currently available online as a Red Skull mask, was used by one Kevin Crawford to rob a bank in Brooklyn of $8000 before he was arrested after onlookers followed him and then surrounded him, held by the Borough Park Shomrim, one of a number of unarmed, Hasidic patrols – without masks. He’d previously robbed a Wiliamsburg bank of almost $2000, and another in Fort Greene though he left empty handed.
Though considering Red Skull as a German Nazi, and Joe Simon and Jack Kirby as the two Jewish creators of Captain America, it does seem a rather delicious ending to his crime spree.
- Top 300 Comics and Graphic Novel Sales for November 2017 - December 18, 2017
- Separated At Birth: Mister Miracle #5 and Hawkeye - December 18, 2017
- New Fighting American Series for March 2018 from Gordon Rennie, Andy Tong and Jerry Ordway - December 18, 2017
- Orbital Comics Opens Jack Kirby Gallery, Featuring Homages to the King - December 18, 2017
- Dennis Barger Suffers Mild Heart Attack; Well Wishes from All at Bleeding Cool - December 17, 2017