In our many investigations of the comic indusry conman Josh Hoopes, we discovered that he was working at a saw mill in Sacramento, California, appropriately ACME Saw.
However, it appears now that he is no longer working there, thought through no action of ours.
Instead he was fired by the company for stealing tools from the company and selling them on eBay.
He used the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. A quick google discovers that address linked to another attempted comics scam to sell supposed artwork by Art Adams, and use of yet another pseudonym, Joshua DeLava.
And googling Joshua DeLava unveils a Freelanced profile of a supposed San Diego comic artist with a portfolio full of the work of other artists, such as Pasquale Qualano, with a stylised JD autograph added. Like this.
Looks like Josh Hoopes has, finally, found some more artwork to try and scam people with…
- Entering The Spill Zone With Scott Westerfeld Ahead Of Free Comic Book Day - April 29, 2017
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who: On Thin Ice – From Black Jesus To Punching Nazis - April 29, 2017
- Comic Creators At Ru Paul’s Drag Con, In Los Angeles This Weekend - April 29, 2017
- Separated At Birth – Moonstruck And Brave Chef Brianna? - April 29, 2017
- No, Calgary, Wonder Woman Isn’t Published By Marvel Comics… - April 29, 2017