I had to be sure these were fakes. They were, but I had to be sure. And now I have confirmation from both Todd and Art that they are complete and utter forgeries.
These are the so-called sketches by Todd McFarlane and Art Adams that one Gregory Garwood sold to major comics art dealer, Mike Burkey. He paid $750 for the Art Adams piece alone. Only when Burkey paid did he realise that the receipt said “josh hoopes”, the name of the comic industry’s most infamous conman.
Josh Hoopes has, it seemed, moved on from trying to con the small press and wannabee creators, to aiming at a potentially more lucrative art market. And for some reason, still focusing on Art Adams‘ name.
- No One Told JH Williams III That Promethea Was Joining the Justice League - January 18, 2018
- Cult Classic: Return to Whisper #1 from Vault Comics Gets a Surprise FOC - January 18, 2018
- Marvel Comics Created Variant of Doctor Strange: Damnation to Be More Bible-Belt-Friendly - January 18, 2018
- BLACK Gets a New Series in April as BLACK [AF] Widows - January 18, 2018
- DC Comics Fixes Justice League International Omnibus Problems (Some Of Them) With Stealth Second Printing - January 18, 2018