I had to be sure these were fakes. They were, but I had to be sure. And now I have confirmation from both Todd and Art that they are complete and utter forgeries.
These are the so-called sketches by Todd McFarlane and Art Adams that one Gregory Garwood sold to major comics art dealer, Mike Burkey. He paid $750 for the Art Adams piece alone. Only when Burkey paid did he realise that the receipt said “josh hoopes”, the name of the comic industry’s most infamous conman.
Josh Hoopes has, it seemed, moved on from trying to con the small press and wannabee creators, to aiming at a potentially more lucrative art market. And for some reason, still focusing on Art Adams‘ name.
- The Small Town Barbeque Vampires Of “Redneck” By Donny Cates, Lisandro Estherren And Dee Cunniffe From Image/Skybound In April - January 23, 2017
- Topps To Publish A Trump-Based Garbage Pail Kids Comic – Donald Dump! - January 23, 2017
- What Will Happen To Task Force X After Justice League Vs Suicide Squad? Just Ask Grant Morrison (SPOILERS) - January 23, 2017
- Speculator Corner: Star Wars #49 – The Last Jedi – From Marvel Comics - January 23, 2017
- Scott Lobdell Writes Aspen’s Crossover Series, No World, Debuting In April 2017 - January 23, 2017