Paramount have launched the official Facebook page for Star Trek Into Darkness, and used it to make something of a promise. Should they get 500,000 likes, they’ll premiere the film’s first trailer online.
So get liking. Or just wait for the inevitable to occur, probably later on today. The web moves fast.
The other item of interest on the page is this, a kind of character banner date announcement graphic thing.
At this point it feels like they’re hyping the hype powers of much-hyped hypemaster JJ Abrams as much as they are the film. Barnum did more for his own image than he did for his circus.
UPDATE: I’m getting e-mails that this is all fake. Maybe. Well, there you go. Another lesson about hype learned. And about Star Trek? Nothing much.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014