Welcome to Bleeding Cool, home of spurious Firefly rumours. Pull up a seat.
Now. At the weekend Sean Maher was on the Firefly anniversary panel at New York Comic-Con, During the panel he apparently said the following words, presumably during some kind of blue-sky spitballing, pipe-dreaming session:
If we’re dreaming, tell me what you think about this: Firefly the animated series.
Way to work the crowd, at least. But, really, it’s what he said after the panel that’s most interesting.
The NY Post caught up with Maher and probed him on why he’d come up with that idea. Here’s his explanation:
I know somebody who is actually trying to get that done, who has approached Joss about it. He used to work with Guillermo del Toro.
A lot of people used to work with Guillermo, of course, but perhaps this particular individual might want to drop me a line and better identify themself? I’d love to know what’s actually going on.
Approaching Joss would be just an early step in a long, long walk. I don’t think an animated Firefly is impossible, I just think it’s very, very unlikely. And by very, very I mean very, very, very, very, very, very.
My advice to this animator-fan? To do something short and fun and free as a fanfilm, put it online, then go make your career on something new, original and which you own yourself.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014