At the Marvel TV panel just moments ago and with Clark Gregg making a surprise appearance, Marvel showed video of Joss Whedon & Kevin Feige confirming the return of Clark Gregg as Agent Coulson on the SHIELD television pilot.
“There was never gonna be a SHIELD show without Agent Coulson,” Whedon said.
UPDATE: Perhaps notably, Gregg himself said to the crowd, “Ever heard of a Life Model Decoy? Coulson Lives.”
Dan Hart also tells us he’ll appear on the Ultimate Spider-Man animation as well, voiced by Clark…
BRENDON’S SECOND UPDATE: He’s been on the Ultimate Spider-Man toon since it began.
The new show was given a title, too – Marvel’s SHIELD. Do note that Whedon and Feige both made it clear that Coulson would be in the pilot. If this is because that’s all there or is for the show right now or if it’s because that’s all there will be for Gregg wasn’t clear. And don’t assume he’s coming back from the dead just yet – my money is on a flashback, no matter what jokes were being made.
- X-Man No More: Patrick Stewart Announces His Retirement From The X-Men - February 24, 2017
- Oh, My: One Of The Best Vintage Comic Book And Art Collections Ever Assembled Is Hitting The Auction Block - February 23, 2017
- Nightwing Movie Coming From Director of Lego Batman, Chris McKay, With Bill Dubuque On Script - February 23, 2017
- The Rock Doubles Down On Black Adam As Hero: “DC Villains Were Always My Heroes” - February 23, 2017
- Ryan Reynolds: Rhett Rees, Paul Wernick “Still Very Much Writing The Screenplay” For Deadpool 2 - February 22, 2017