At the Marvel TV panel just moments ago and with Clark Gregg making a surprise appearance, Marvel showed video of Joss Whedon & Kevin Feige confirming the return of Clark Gregg as Agent Coulson on the SHIELD television pilot.
“There was never gonna be a SHIELD show without Agent Coulson,” Whedon said.
UPDATE: Perhaps notably, Gregg himself said to the crowd, “Ever heard of a Life Model Decoy? Coulson Lives.”
Dan Hart also tells us he’ll appear on the Ultimate Spider-Man animation as well, voiced by Clark…
BRENDON’S SECOND UPDATE: He’s been on the Ultimate Spider-Man toon since it began.
The new show was given a title, too – Marvel’s SHIELD. Do note that Whedon and Feige both made it clear that Coulson would be in the pilot. If this is because that’s all there or is for the show right now or if it’s because that’s all there will be for Gregg wasn’t clear. And don’t assume he’s coming back from the dead just yet – my money is on a flashback, no matter what jokes were being made.
- What Does Epcot Announcement Mean For Guardians Of The Galaxy 4 And Beyond? - July 15, 2017
- Roswell, The Beginnings Of The UFO Craze And What It Has To Do With DC Comics - July 8, 2017
- Image Comics, Howard Chaykin Issue Apology, Pull Cover For Divided States Of Hysteria #4 - July 1, 2017
- The Secret Origin Of Spider-Man’s “Friendly Neighborhood” - June 26, 2017
- Did Somebody Say Madam Satan? Pep Comics #16 Heats Up At Auction - June 16, 2017