This is one half of a split Marvel rumour report. You may also wish to also check the other half.
The Marvel casting machine has been working away at selecting a Sharon Carter for the second Captain America film, and so far, the little pinging flag has yet to pop up. We’ve had a lot of candidates named over the last few weeks, with Imogen Poots apparently a strong runner as she’s been named by two separate parties.
According to Latino Review, however, the actress with “the most traction” is Mary Elizabeth Winstead. Makes sense – she’s got the look, she’s got skills, she’s well liked. I’d be happy to see her in the role, for sure. Indeed, the role means relatively little to me but if you said something even as prosaic as “This film has Mary Elizabeth Winstead in it” I’d probably pay a bit more attention. And that goes for more or less any film.
I’d say the same thing about Anna Kendrick who was also associated with this role. They’re just good, smart actresses.
The same report also brings word of two actors in contention for unnamed, “physical” male roles. There are no details of how they’d be “physical” exactly, or what they’d be doing plotwise, but perhaps the identities of the actors in contention constitute minor clues.
There’s Josh Holloway, of Lost, and Nikolaj Coster Waldau of Game of Thrones. Competing for the same part? Not clear. “Physical” guys? I guess so. They’re not mere wisps or anything.
Captain America 2 starts shooting in the new year, with or without this lot.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014