For the last few weeks, we’ve been watching old sparring partners Dave Sim and Fantagraphics circle around the possibility of Fantagraphics publishing Cerebus in a series of hardcover volumes. Dave seemed to want to start with Form And Void, aimed at a New York Times-reading audience, Kim Thompson wanted to start with Cerebus or High Society, Dave Sim seemed less than eager for anyone else to publish High Society right now.
Then we suddenly discovered that IDW were to publish a series of collection of Cerebus covers. And now, with IDW’s Ted Adams popping to Kitchener to join IDW Special Projects Editor and instigator of this project, Scott Dunbier, and ended up giving Dave Sim a $30,000 advance to publish the Cerebus High Society Audio Digital collection in print for comic book stores. Kim might be a bit miffed.
The digital version of High Society Audio Digital premieres tonight/tomorrow, issue 26 as a free download, issue 27 at 99 cents, a digital version of the comic that also includes a narrated-by-Dave Sim sound-effected pan-and-scan video of the comic.
We also get two things… Scott Dunbier’s cover thoughts for the Cerebus cover collections…
And a Dave Sim variant cover for Mars Attacks Zombies Vs Robots... goodness.
- Talking With Skottie Young: “I Think It’s Amazing I’m Known At All” - September 25, 2017
- Jody Houser Puts The “Rebel” Line Back Into Star Wars: Rogue One - September 25, 2017
- Mark Waid On Death Threats, Harassment, And Current Discourse In Comic Books - September 25, 2017
- Who Returns In Marvel Legacy #1, Revealed (MAJOR SPOILERS UPDATE) - September 25, 2017
- The BBC Asks – What If Alan Moore Or John Wagner Wrote Fred Basset? - September 25, 2017