For the last few weeks, we’ve been watching old sparring partners Dave Sim and Fantagraphics circle around the possibility of Fantagraphics publishing Cerebus in a series of hardcover volumes. Dave seemed to want to start with Form And Void, aimed at a New York Times-reading audience, Kim Thompson wanted to start with Cerebus or High Society, Dave Sim seemed less than eager for anyone else to publish High Society right now.
Then we suddenly discovered that IDW were to publish a series of collection of Cerebus covers. And now, with IDW’s Ted Adams popping to Kitchener to join IDW Special Projects Editor and instigator of this project, Scott Dunbier, and ended up giving Dave Sim a $30,000 advance to publish the Cerebus High Society Audio Digital collection in print for comic book stores. Kim might be a bit miffed.
The digital version of High Society Audio Digital premieres tonight/tomorrow, issue 26 as a free download, issue 27 at 99 cents, a digital version of the comic that also includes a narrated-by-Dave Sim sound-effected pan-and-scan video of the comic.
We also get two things… Scott Dunbier’s cover thoughts for the Cerebus cover collections…
And a Dave Sim variant cover for Mars Attacks Zombies Vs Robots... goodness.
- DC Comics Confirms Bats Out Of Hell Crossover With November Solicits Sneak-Peek - August 18, 2017
- Exclusive! The Long Beach Comic Con 2017 Panels And Programming Schedule - August 18, 2017
- J Scott Campbell’s Exclusive Retailer Variant For Marvel Legacy #1 – The Pencil Sketch - August 18, 2017
- Stanley “Artgerm” Lau Grabs Them By The Variant Cover? - August 18, 2017
- Sam Humphries Leaves Green Lanterns For Something New As Tim Seeley Takes Over - August 18, 2017