Typically, film news from The Daily Mail comes via their showbiz schmoozer, Baz Bamigboye. And typically, he’s right about things.
Today, though, they’ve got something from the anonymous Mail on Sunday Reporter. I can’t guess what this does to the level of credibility.
But, in short, they believe that Marvel and Joss Whedon are looking at actresses for the role of Ms. Marvel in the upcoming Avengers sequel.
There are two candidates for the role named, said to be “head to head.”
On the one hand, there’s the original Black Widow, Emily Blunt; on the other, there’s Luther‘s Ruth Wilson who has the female lead in The Lone Ranger. Here they are, in ascending size of head.
If you don’t recall, Blunt was the original actress cast as Black Widow for Iron Man. It didn’t happen as Fox exercised an option they had made with her around The Devil Wears Prada and tied her into Gulliver’s Travels.
The second Avengers film is set for release in May 2015. According to this new report, it will start production next year – this would give Whedon and co. considerably more time than last time around. Perhaps this is a minor red flag against the Daily Mail’s claim, perhaps it’s cause for a little toast.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014