Mark Wayne Williams, a 33 year old from north Michigan has been arrested for a second time in a Batman costume after he refused to leave a crime scene at the weekend.
Troopers were responding to the scene of a personal injury accident in which the driver had left the scene.
“When we arrived, (Williams) was at the scene in his Batman outfit. He wouldn’t clear the scene and we had a canine out there and he kept screwing up the scent,” Gorno said. “He said he wanted to help us look for the driver.”
“We didn’t want the dog to track Batman instead of the accident scene and he was getting in the way of officers who had a job to do.”
Last year Williams was found guilty of attempted resisting and obstructing an officer, when he was spotted standing on rooftops. He was sentenced to six months probation, including an instruction not to wear any costumes for that period.
That time, was found with a baton, chemical spray and sand filled gloves, though there were no such accoutrements this time. But he was arrested for resisting and obstructing police in an investigation.
He was sentenced to six months probation during which he was not to wear any costumes, including the Batman costume.
- Boom’s Firefly #1 Has Pre-Orders of 57,291 Copies – Any More For Any More? - October 23, 2018
- Victor Gorelick Does Not Pay Tribute to Archie’s Co-CEO Nancy Silberkleit - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: What’s Up With The Inhumans Then? - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: Sorry, Jane Foster Isn’t Getting Her Own Comic Book? - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: Charles Soule – From Daredevil to Star Wars - October 23, 2018