Jamie Wotton writes for Bleeding Cool.
He saw New Zealand, and is raising Australia; Federal MP George Christiansen is launching an official campaign to get the BBC show Doctor Who to film an episode in Australia. This comes hot on the heels of New Zealand attempting to get the show to film an episode over on their island.
Christiansen is going into full-attack mode, and has launched an online petition.
He’s also planning to send cards featuring the TARDIS to celebrities all over Australia, seeking their support for this worthy, worthy cause.
Speaking to News Ltd, via Herald Sun, the MP said:
As an avid Dr Who fan, I would love to see the TARDIS materialise in Australia and, most importantly, it would be a tremendous boost to tourism in Bowen and the Whitsundays, as well as to the local economy”
He cited the Whitsunday Islands as a perfect spot for location shooting, and the date January 13th – the 50th Anniversary date of the Timelord’s first screening over there.
Whitsunday truly looks like a remarkable place. I hope Moffat and the BBC do look into some of these locations… even if budget cuts are ruining everyone’s lives right now.
- Massive Mighty Morphin Spoilers For The Power Rangers Movie, Revealed - March 11, 2017
- Final Fantasy XV Preview – What Four Hours With The Title Told Us - August 16, 2016
- PAX South 2016: Deckbound Unbound: The Evolution of the TCG - February 2, 2016
- Call of Duty: Blacks Op 3 Has Sold Better Than The Last Two Games In The Franchise - November 11, 2015
- The Nathan Drake Collection Was The Best Selling Digital PS4 Game In October - November 11, 2015