Viz Media’s All You Need Is Kill novel by Hiroshi Sakurazaka is being adapted into a major Warner blockbuster for 2014, starring Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt, courtesy of Legendary Pictures and Village Roadshow Pictures.
Directed by Doug Liman, from a screenplay by Dante Harper, Christopher McQuarrie and Joby Harold, the film will be shot at Warners’ Leavesden studios, and begins production today.
Call it Groundhog Day meets Halo, an untrained soldier in a war being fought against alien invaders finds himself dying, again and again, living the same day infinitely, each time growing as a soldier and becoming battle-worn. He is very literally playing a video game life. And death. Where Game Over never is.
And yes, that role will be played by Tom Cruise.
Erwin Stoff, Gregory Jacobs and Jeffrey Silver will produce, with executive directors Jason Hoffs, Joby Harold, Doug Liman, Dave Bartis, Tom Lassally, Hidemi Fukuhara, Thomas Tull, Jon Jashni, Alex Garcia and Bruce Berman. Tim Lewis and Kim Winther will co-produce.
Dion Beebe is director of photography, production designer Oliver Scholl, editor James Herbert, costume designer Kate Hawley and visual effects supervisor Nick Davis.
- African American Superhero Comics ‘YouNeek’ Get UK/European Bookstore Distribution Deal - January 20, 2018
- A New Wolverine Comic From Marvel in April 2018… - January 19, 2018
- Martin Rowson to Adapt Karl Marx’s Communist Manifesto as a Graphic Novel, and More from SelfMadeHero in 2018 - January 19, 2018
- All 3 Marvel Comics Nominated for GLAAD Awards Have Been Cancelled - January 19, 2018
- Marvel Comics Signs Kelly Thompson as an Exclusive Creator - January 19, 2018