The dispute between satellite TV providers Dish and Walking Dead broadcasters AMC has run for many months now, and there appears to be no way it’s going to be resolved in time for the start of season three. Dish say they’ve got not plans at all to bring back the channel.
Luckily, AMC have swooped to the rescue of Dish customers, offering them the option of live streaming the episode in time with its broadcast airing on October 14th.
If you’re a Dish subscriber and want to take AMC up on this deal, you need to pre-register. The page has just been opened: Walking Dead For Dish.
Do note that this deal stands for just the season premiere. The official statement reads:
This is a one-time only event for Dish customers. Switch TV providers now to see the rest of Season 3 of The Walking Dead.
It’s good publicity for the show, but I can’t see what part this initiative might play in resolving the AMC-Dish deadlock. Worst case scenario, perhaps, the plan will get a wave of Dish users hooked then leave them hanging, sending them all to the torrents for subsequent episodes.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014