I remember when they were drip feeding us Hobbit dwarves, two or three at a time, for a couple of weeks. Teasing us. Now, the currency has been debased somewhat and a single Hobbit poster comes with every dwarf they have going.
I’ve read a lot of criticism of these dwarf designs, that they look too “cartoony.” They’re certainly stylised, but they do seem to be “real” things, not just animated masks.
Odd real things, perhaps. Odd real things with a taste for botox. But I get it. I see what they’re going for – what they’ve got, even. These dwarves do seem at home in Peter Jackson’s Middle Earth.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014