Here’s the first mainstream poster for The Croods. I make it the fifth actual poster, but the others were all at trade shows and Cons only and this one has been posted to Yahoo.
Look at the clothing worn by the Crood family in the foreground. Each of them is wearing the skin of a certain animal, and that animal reflects on the character’s personality and role in the story.For a clear example, ook at Gran, who animator Kirk DeMicco has described as:
a ferocious, almost crocodile-type woman.
You’ll see another side of this in the character Guy, not in this image. Unlike the Croods, he wears trouser-y things, not just these pelts. He’s got some kind of advanced wardrobe, and this reflects his superior intellect.
Nice design: just what you’d expect from a Chris Sanders movie.
The Croods is along in March of next year.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014