The characters are currently appearing in Avengers Assemble, itself based on the Avengers movie lineup, and it’s safe to say that the cast in this comic may be replicated on screen – and a Bendis/McNiven Guardians Of The Galaxy comic is expected from MarvelNOW! in the New Year.
But in December, Marvel are launching their collection of their sixties and seventies stories in the fanbaitingly titled Guardians of the Galaxy: Tomorrow’s Avengers – Volume 1. The second volume, will extend into the eighties a little, as Guardians of the Galaxy: Tomorrow’s Avengers – Volume 2. Look for the Jim Valentino series from the nineties to follow in its stead…
But there are other Guardians stories to be told – at least the current Guardians. Which is why in April we’ll be getting, wait for it, the Rocket Raccoon & Groot Ultimate Collection, all their early Bill Mantlo stories, including the Mike Mignola mini, as well as two of the Dan Abnett/Andy Lanning Annihilators mini-series.
Expect this to continue through 2013 until you are sick of them!
- J Michael Straczynski On The Importance – Or Not – Of Superman’s Red Shorts - January 16, 2017
- Clone Conspiracy #4 Goes Back To Amazing Fantasy #15 – But Not Quite In The Way You MightThink - January 16, 2017
- How Jason Fabok’s Watchmen Covers For Batman And Flash In April Came About… - January 16, 2017
- Unfollow And Clean Room: Season One End With #18 – More Frankensteining DC Solicits For April 2016 As $3.99 Is The New $2.99 - January 16, 2017
- Jessica Jones Meets Roger Rabbit – Black Cloud #1, Out This April, From Jason Latour, Ivan Brandon, Greg Finkle, Matt Wilson And Image Comics - January 16, 2017