Just quickly, as this is more of a talking point thing than anything else, but Ivan Reitman has been speaking to Collider about Dave, the Gary Ross-scripted comedy coming soon to Blu-ray and which I think is actually pretty superb.
Conversation turned, with some inevitability, towards the proposed new films in the Twins and Ghostbusters franchises. Of Triplets, Reitman said:
I think that was more of a press release than anything else.
But on Ghostbusters he offered:
I think Ghostbusters probably should be remade, if we can get it all right. We’re working on it, so we’ll see.
Did he really mean remade?
Well, Collider didn’t chase this point. Bit of a lost opportunity. At best, then, it’s ambiguous… but it makes a certain amount of sense to me. Certainly addresses Bill Murray’s comments that “No one wants to pay money to see fat, old men chasing ghosts.”
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014