Years ago, Renae De Liz sent DC Comics a pitch for Amethyst: Princess Of Gemworld. This year she was considered as an artist for the DC New 52 Third Wave launch Sword Of Sorcery starring the character written by Christy Marx, before they went with Aaron Lopresti. She writes;
Below you’ll find parts of my pitch that I sent to DC. Earlier this year I was considered for the new Amethyst series as artist, but they went another direction. I am absolutely honored to have even been considered and it was a wonderful experience! :) I feel the artist they picked is perfect for the new story.
But my passion will always lie with telling my version of Amethyst, so I’ll keep up hope someday DC will give me that chance.
Amy Winston, a 13 year old of Gotham is stolen away to another world full of magic and horrors. There she discovers her destiny as princess and heir of the ruling domain of Amethyst. An ancient evil seeking to devour the planet attempts to destroy her while Amy learns how to wield newfound powers with hopes of becoming the savior of the Universe…
- Jody Houser Puts The “Rebel” Line Back Into Star Wars: Rogue One - September 25, 2017
- Mark Waid On Death Threats, Harassment, And Current Discourse In Comic Books - September 25, 2017
- Who Returns In Marvel Legacy #1, Revealed (MAJOR SPOILERS UPDATE) - September 25, 2017
- The BBC Asks – What If Alan Moore Or John Wagner Wrote Fred Basset? - September 25, 2017
- A First Review Of Marvel Legacy #1 In Two Tweets - September 25, 2017