Years ago, Renae De Liz sent DC Comics a pitch for Amethyst: Princess Of Gemworld. This year she was considered as an artist for the DC New 52 Third Wave launch Sword Of Sorcery starring the character written by Christy Marx, before they went with Aaron Lopresti. She writes;
Below you’ll find parts of my pitch that I sent to DC. Earlier this year I was considered for the new Amethyst series as artist, but they went another direction. I am absolutely honored to have even been considered and it was a wonderful experience! :) I feel the artist they picked is perfect for the new story.
But my passion will always lie with telling my version of Amethyst, so I’ll keep up hope someday DC will give me that chance.
Amy Winston, a 13 year old of Gotham is stolen away to another world full of magic and horrors. There she discovers her destiny as princess and heir of the ruling domain of Amethyst. An ancient evil seeking to devour the planet attempts to destroy her while Amy learns how to wield newfound powers with hopes of becoming the savior of the Universe…
- Comic Store In Your Future – Why I’m Hiring a New Employee - March 17, 2018
- In the Wake of Doomsday Clock, DC Comics Collects Don McGregor and Gene Colan’s Nathaniel Dusk - March 17, 2018
- Jim Lee’s First Two Pages for Brian Bendis’ Action Comics #1000 – and a Six Hour Video of Him Drawing One - March 17, 2018
- 481 3rd Ave – the New Location for JHU in New York City - March 17, 2018
- Diamond Drops Prices of DC Comics Collections in the UK - March 17, 2018